A Few Words About
AND WHAT WE DO
DYNAMIC AWARD WINNING PAINTING AND HERES WHY!
If you have a stucco house and want it to look fresh again. Painting the stucco is something you may want to look into. However, there is quite a bit to consider when painting your stucco.
There are some tips and tricks that you could implement to make the job easier and make it look like a professional did it. Here are some of the things to consider.
Do you need stucco repair?
· Stucco Repair: Take a look at the stucco on your home or business and assess if that is a job you can do or do you need to hire out for? Some times a good paintable acrylic calking can help bridge gaps and clean up the cracks before painting. If it is a more serious stucco repair with larger areas falling off, wire showing, or even envelope deterioration these might be a job for a professional.
· How Will You Clean the Surface: Is the stucco that is currently on the house painted or not? It really doesn’t make too much of a difference, both scenarios will require a good pressure washing (2,800 – 3,100 psi) to get rid of all of the loose paint and material that may prevent the paint from sticking to the walls. Sometimes the addition of a cleaner such as TSP may be needed.
· When Was the Stucco Applied: If the stucco is new, then you will want to wait at least 30 days before painting it, to allow it to fully cure and harden up before you add a coating the to stucco?
· What Kind of Stucco do you have: What type of stucco you have will change the way your stucco should be painted? If you have an acrylic stucco, rolling the stucco with a heavier nap roller is recommended. If you have a conventional stucco, spray painting your stucco would be the recommended application for your stucco. Sometimes a primer would be advised depending on the color or surface.
· Weather Permitting: Be sure that you will have a period of good weather when you paint or plan on painting, water can break down the durability of the paint or cause other issues.
· How Will You Reach: If you have a single-story house or building you are painting, then a simple step ladder and/or extension ladder will probably be more than enough to reach the highest walls.
· Measure Your Walls: In order to buy the correct amount of paint, you will need to measure your walls, so you can buy the correct amount of paint. I would add 25% to this because stucco tends to suck up paint and you almost always end up using more than you anticipated.
· Most importantly choosing your paint: In order to get the finish, look, durability, and breathability you want for your stucco you will need the right paint for your home. We recommend a paint that will allow your home or business to breath. Full elastomeric do not allow your home to breath properly, neither do rubberized coatings. We recommend a matt finish paint with good breathability this will help your stucco not weather or trap in moisture as it allows for evaporation. A matt finish paint will also keep the stucco looking more natural as stucco has a very dull finish. We also recommend that you research the UV protection in your paint. Many paints do not last under the suns uv rays, a good paint will have proper protection from this. With some research and proper paint your home will look good for years to come.
We can help you from houses to businesses, interior and exterior. Serving Calgary and surrounding area, we will be more than happy to provide you with a quote. We are service oriented and put our clients first with the reviews to back that statement. Our highly trained team has experience and knowledge with high quality paints and equipped with the best tools to do the job right the first time.
advantages and disadvantages and other things that you need to know before making a final decision.
· Walls, Ceilings and Trim Painting
· Drywall Repairs & Painting
· Spraying Cabinets, Built-ins, Railings, Wainscoting.
· Feature Walls, Textured Walls
· COLOURS AVAIALBE: Paint can be color matched to an existing color, favorite color or color you have chosen from any paint manufacturer
· HOW IS IT APPLIED? All walls are prepared by filling nail holes, scratches, dents or other imperfections. The next step would be to clean and sand the walls in preparation for the new paint to adhere and leave the least amount of previous texture showing through.
· LONGEVITY: A properly chosen high quality paint can last a long time. This all depends on the make up of the paint and the purpose of the paint. We use top quality paints in our projects and treat your home as if it were ours.
· APPLICATION: Sanding is preformed between every coat of paint applied on walls, railings, cabinets, and other non textured surfaces. We also spot prime all repairs in the materials we are painting before beginning coating process. We have a policy of paint till solid. Some companies will paint interiors with a one coat or two coat process leaving some walls with a transparency. We prefer to coat 2-3 or even 4 coats if needed to give you a true color on your walls. We quote to have this done on every project.
Click on the picture to see our project gallery.
Get In Touch
Dynamic offers Interior painting, Exterior Painting, Stucco Repair, and Water Leaks.